If your teacher turns on originality reports for an assignment, you can use the reports to identify uncited content and unintentional plagiarism before you turn in your work. The reports compare your Google Docs file against webpages and books on the internet.
Your teacher can’t see the reports that you run. After you turn in your work, Classroom automatically runs a report that only your teacher can see. If you unsubmit and resubmit a file, Classroom runs another originality report for the teacher.
Originality reports are only available for G Suite for Education accounts set to English, French, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish.
Run an originality report
If your teacher turned on originality reports for an assignment, you can run up to 5 reports on your work.
On a computer, go to classroom.google.com.
Click the classClasswork.
Click the assignmentView Assignment.
- Under Your work, upload or create your file.
- Next to Originality reports, click Run.
Note: If you don't see Originality reports, your teacher might not have turned it on.
- Under the file name, click View originality report to see the report.
- (Optional) To save or print your originality report, at the top, click Print and choose an option:
- Save as PDF
- Save to your Google Drive
- Print the report