Troubleshooting for students
This page is for students. Teachers go here.
- A G Suite for Education account (firstname.lastname@example.org) that your school creates. If you don't know your G Suite for Education account, ask your teacher.
- A personal Google Account (email@example.com) that you create. Learn more about how to create a Google Account.
I forgot my password
How do I switch between user accounts?
On Android, you don't sign out of an account; instead, you remove your account from your device. Removing the account doesn't delete the it, so you'll still be able to use your account on other devices.
- In the Classroom app, tap Menu .
- Next to your name and email, tap Down Manage accounts.
- Tap Google.
- (Optional) Tap your account.
- At the top right, tap More Remove account.
- To confirm, tap Remove Account.
You change the preferred language for your Google Account. For more details, see Change language to change the language on computer and mobile devices.
If your school uses G Suite for Education—Ask your teacher to send you a new class code. If the new class code doesn’t work, ask your teacher to contact the school’s admin.
If you’re a student using a personal Google Account outside of a school—Ask your teacher to send you a new class code.
A class code consists of 6 or 7 alphanumeric characters. For example, hjhmgrk or g5gdp1.
Note: You only use the class code once to enroll. You don't need to re-use the class code.
I deleted or forgot my class code
Note: You only use the class code once to join the class. You are then enrolled in the class and you don't need to re-use the code again.