This article is for students. Teachers go here.
Here's how to fix problems you might have using Classroom.
I signed in as a student and I’m a teacher with a Google Workspace for Education account
I can't sign into Classroom
- School account—Also known as a Google Workspace for Education account, this account is set up by an accredited school. It looks like email@example.com.
- Personal Google Account—This is set up by you, or your parent or guardian. Typically you use a personal Google Account outside of a school setting, such as a homeschool. It looks like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Google Workspace account—This is set up by your organization’s administrator. It looks like email@example.com.
I forgot my password
If your school uses Google Workspace for Education —Ask your teacher to contact the admin to reset your password.
If you’re a student using a personal Google Account outside of a school—See Change or reset your password.
How do I switch between user accounts?
How do I sign out?
When you sign out of your account, you sign out from all Google Workspace products on your device.
- In Classroom, at the top right, click your photo or Account image .
- Click Sign out.
My class code doesn't work
- If your school uses Google Workspace for Education—Ask your teacher to send you a new class code. If the new class code doesn’t work, ask your teacher to contact the school’s admin.
- If you’re a student using a personal Google Account outside of a school—Ask your teacher to send you a new class code.
A class code consists of 6 or 7 alphanumeric characters, for example, hjhmgrk or g5gdp1.
Note: You only use the class code once to enroll. You don't need to re-use the class code.
I deleted or forgot my class code
Note: You only use the class code once to join the class. You are then enrolled in the class and you don't need to re-use the code again.
I deleted my class invitation
I unenrolled from a class and want to re-enroll
How do I create a class?
- If your school uses Google Workspace for Education—Students can’t create classes.
- If you’re a student using a personal Google Account outside of a school—See Create a class.
I can't post a comment
How do I undelete a post?
I can't send or receive email
- If your school uses Google Workspace for Education—Your school’s admin might have turned off Gmail for students. Ask your teacher to contact the admin.
- If you’re a student using a personal Google Account outside of a school—Go to Gmail Help.
The Turn in button doesn’t work
If you get an error message when you click Turn in, let your teacher know.
If you can’t turn in an attachment assigned to you, try these steps:
- To save any work you did in the attachment, copy and paste your work into a blank document.
- In the Classroom assignment, on the attachment, click Remove Make a copy.
- Click the new attachment.
- Paste any saved work into the new file.
- Click Turn in.
I didn’t get an attachment from my teacher
If you didn't get an attachment your teacher assigned, let your teacher know.
For information about attachments assigned to you, read Turn in an assignment.
I can't submit an assignment
If you get the error message "Couldn't attach file" when you submit an assignment, try these different methods instead:
- Attach the video in Stream, then paste the link in the assignment.
- Open the Classwork folder, upload your file to the Class Drive, then share your file with the class group.
- Upload the same file again as a separate copy, then attach the file to the class.
How do I change the language in Classroom?
You change the preferred language for your Google Account. For details, see Change language to change the language on computer and mobile devices.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.