This article is for students. Teachers go here.
Here's how to fix problems you might have using Classroom.
I signed in as a student and I’m a teacher with a G Suite for Education account
- School account—Also known as a G Suite for Education account, this account is set up by an accredited school. It looks like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Google Account—This is set up by you, or your parent or guardian. Typically you use a personal Google Account outside of a school setting, such as a homeschool. It looks like email@example.com.
- G Suite account—This is set up by your organization’s administrator. It looks like firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your school uses G Suite for Education—Ask your teacher to contact the admin to reset your password.
If you’re a student using a personal Google Account outside of a school—See Change or reset your password.
On Android, you don't sign out of an account; instead, you remove your account from your device. Removing the account doesn't delete the it, so you'll still be able to use your account on other devices.
- In the Classroom app, tap Menu .
- Next to your name and email, tap the Down arrow Manage accounts.
- Tap Google.
- If needed, tap your account.
- At the top right, tap More Remove account.
- Tap Remove Account to confirm.
- If your school uses G Suite for Education—Ask your teacher to send you a new class code. If the new class code doesn’t work, ask your teacher to contact the school’s admin.
- If you’re a student using a personal Google Account outside of a school—Ask your teacher to send you a new class code.
A class code consists of 6 or 7 alphanumeric characters, for example, hjhmgrk or g5gdp1.
Note: You only use the class code once to enroll. You don't need to re-use the class code.
Note: You only use the class code once to join the class. You are then enrolled in the class and you don't need to re-use the code again.
- If your school uses G Suite for Education—Students can’t create classes.
- If you’re a student using a personal Google Account outside of a school—See Create a class.
- If your school uses G Suite for Education—Your school’s admin might have turned off Gmail for students. Ask your teacher to contact the admin.
- If you’re a student using a personal Google Account outside of a school—Go to Gmail Help.
If you get an error message when you click Turn in, let your teacher know.
If you can’t turn in an attachment assigned to you, try these steps:
- To save any work you did in the attachment, copy and paste your work into a blank document.
- In the Classroom assignment, on the attachment, click Remove Make a copy.
- Click the new attachment.
- Paste any saved work into the new file.
- Click Turn in.
If you didn't get an attachment your teacher assigned, let your teacher know.
For information about attachments assigned to you, read Turn in an assignment.
You change the preferred language for your Google Account. For details, see Change language to change the language on computer and mobile devices.
Google, G Suite, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.