Sign in to Classroom
This page is for teachers. Students go here.
You sign in to Classroom with either:
- A G Suite for Education account (email@example.com) that is set up by your school. If you don't know your G Suite for Education account information, ask your school’s administrator. Learn more about G Suite for Education.
- A personal Google Account (firstname.lastname@example.org) that is set up by you. Learn more about creating a Google Account.
The type of account you use determines the role you have in your class. It also affects who you can share Google Drive files with. For more details, see How materials are shared in Classroom.
Sign in for the first time
- Go to classroom.google.com and click Sign In.
- Enter your G Suite for Education username or your personal Google Account username and click Next.
Remember: Your G Suite for Education username might look like email@example.com. Your personal account username might look like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- (Optional) If there is a welcome message, read it and click Accept.
- (Optional) If you are using a G Suite for Education account, tap I’m a Teacher.
- Click Get Started.
Ready to start using Classroom? See Create a class.If you have trouble signing in
|Error message||What is means||What you can do|
|You can’t use Classroom with this account||You tried to sign in to Classroom with a different G Suite account||
|Your administrator hasn’t activated Classroom||Your administrator hasn’t turned on Classroom for your account||Contact your school’s administrator to have Classroom activated.|