How do I sign in to Classroom?
You can sign in to Classroom with:
- A G Suite for Education account (email@example.com) that is set up by your school. If you don't know your G Suite for Education account, ask your teacher or the school’s administrator. Learn more about G Suite for Education.
- A personal Google Account (firstname.lastname@example.org) that is set up by you. Learn more about creating a Google Account.
You must have an active internet connection to sign in.
Sign in for the first time
- Go to classroom.google.com and click Sign In.
- Enter your G Suite for Education username or your personal Google Account username and click Next.
Remember: Your G Suite for Education username might look like email@example.com. Your personal account username might look like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- If there is a welcome message, read it and click Accept.
- If you're using a G Suite for Education account, click I’m A Student or I’m A Teacher.
- Click Get Started.
Ready to start using Classroom?
|Error message||What it means||What you can do|
|Your administrator hasn’t activated Classroom.||Your administrator hasn’t turned on Classroom for your account.||Contact your school administrator.|
|This service has been disabled by your admin.||Classroom is not activated for your account.||Contact your school administrator.|
|You can’t use Classroom with this account.||You tried to sign in to Classroom with the wrong account.||
|Has your admin activated Classroom? To use Classroom, ask your school’s IT or G Suite administrator to activate Classroom for your school.||Your school doesn't use G Suite for Education.||Your school needs to sign up for G Suite for Education before you can use Classroom.|
Students, when you’re signed in, you’ll see classes your teachers created. Click Join to add yourself to a class. For details, see Join a class.
Teachers and students, click Menu to access other areas of Classroom.
- Classes—Students, navigate to any of your classes. Teachers, see how to create a class.
- Calendar—Students, see your class calendars. Teachers, track student work on class calendars.
- Work—To see all assignments and posts for your classes, students, go here, and teachers, go here.
- Settings—Manage your password, profile photo, and notifications.