Depending on your learning setting, you can sign in to Classroom with one of the following accounts:
- School account—Also known as a Google Workspace for Education account, this account is set up by an accredited school. It looks like email@example.com. If you don't know your Google Workspace for Education account details, ask your teacher or the school’s IT administrator.
- Personal Google Account—Set up by you or your parent or guardian. Typically, you use a personal Google Account outside of a school setting, such as in a homeschool or club. It looks like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Google Workspace account—Set up by your organization’s admin. It looks like email@example.com.
Note: Due to privacy laws, parents and guardians can't access Classroom or student assignments. They can get email summaries if the teacher allows it. For details, go to About guardian email summaries.
Ready to sign in?
You must have an active internet connection to sign in. If you already know how to sign in to Classroom, go to classroom.google.com. Or, follow the detailed steps below.
Sign in for the first time
Before you begin: Install the Classroom app on your device. For details, see Get the Classroom app.
Sign in to Google Classroom (Android)
- Tap Classroom .
- Tap Get Started.
Tap Add accountOK.
Enter the email address for your Classroom account and tap Next.
- Enter your password and tap Next.
If there is a welcome message, review it and tap Accept.
If you are using an Education Fundamentals account, tap I’m A Student or I’m A Teacher.
Tip: Users with personal Google Accounts won’t see this option.
Switch to a different account
If you’re signed in to multiple accounts and need to switch to the account you use with Classroom:
- At the top, tap your profile image or initial.
- Select or add the account.
If you have trouble signing in
|Error message||What it means||What you can do|
|Your administrator hasn’t activated Classroom.||Your administrator hasn’t turned on Classroom for your account.||Contact your IT administrator.|
|This service has been disabled by your admin.||Classroom isn't activated for your account.||Contact your IT administrator.|
|You can’t use Classroom with this account.||You signed in to Classroom with the wrong account.||
|Has your admin activated Classroom? To use Classroom, ask your school’s IT or Google Workspace administrator to activate Classroom for your school.||Your school doesn't use Google Workspace for Education.||Before you can use Classroom, your school needs to sign up for Google Workspace for Education.|
Access other areas of Classroom
Go to Menu to access:
- Classes—Navigate to your classes.
- Calendar—View due dates and access items.
- To-do—Review work for your classes.
- Settings—Change your profile photo, password, and notifications.
Start using Classroom
If you’re a teacher, you can create a class. If you’re a student, you can join a class.