How to sign in to Classroom
This page is for students. Teachers go here.
You sign in to Classroom with either:
- A G Suite for Education account (email@example.com) that is set up by your school. If you don't know your G Suite for Education account information, ask your teacher.
- A personal Google Account (firstname.lastname@example.org) that is set up by you. Learn more about creating a Google Account.
Sign in for the first time
- Go to classroom.google.com and click Sign In.
- Enter your G Suite for Education username or your personal Google Account username and click Next.
Remember: Your G Suite for Education username might look like email@example.com. Your personal account username might look like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- (Optional) If there is a welcome message, read it and click Accept.
- (Optional) If you are using a G Suite for Education account, click I’m a Student.
- Click Get Started.
Ready to start using Classroom? See Join a class.
If you have trouble signing in
|Error message||What it means||What you can do|
|This service has been disabled by your admin||Classroom is not activated for your account||Contact your teacher or school administrator to have Classroom activated.|
|Sorry! Classroom is only available for G Suite for Education users at this time.||
You tried to sign in with a personal, not school, email address.
Your school doesn't use G Suite for Education.
In your web browser, sign out and sign in again with your G Suite for Education account. On the mobile app, you'll be asked to add another account. Sign in with your G Suite for Education account.
Your school needs to sign up for G Suite for Education before you can use Classroom.
|Has your admin activated Classroom? To use Classroom, ask your your school’s IT or G Suite administrator to activate Classroom for your school.||Your school doesn't use G Suite for Education.||Your school needs to sign up for G Suite for Education before you can use Classroom.|
Need more help with signing in? See Troubleshoot errors and access to Classroom.
Click Menu to access other areas of Classroom.
- Classes—Navigate to any of your classes.
- Calendar—See your class calendars.
- Work—See all assignments and posts for your classes.
- Settings—Manage your password, profile photo, and notifications.