Email your students
This page is for teachers. Students go here.
You can email a single student, a group of students, or an entire class. You can also send a private note to a student when you grade and return an assignment. To email students, Gmail must be turned on for you and your students.
You can’t send an email to more than 100 recipients at once. If a class has more than 100 students, you’ll need to email some students first. Then send the message again to the remaining students. For more information, see Gmail sending limits in the G Suite Administrator Help Center.
You can’t email students in different classes all at once. Instead, you could post an announcement to multiple classes.
Send an email
- Click your class.
- At the top, click People.
Choose an option:
- Email one student—Next to the student’s name, click More Email student.
- Email multiple students—Check the box next to each student's name. Then, at the top, click Actions Email.
- Email the entire class—Above the student list, check the box and click Actions Email.
Note: When you email multiple students, the default setting adds the addresses to the Bcc field. You can move students’ addresses to the To or Cc field.
- (Optional) To attach files, photos, or links to your messages, click the relevant icon and select the item. Learn more about sending attachments with your mail.
- Enter your message and click Send.
View an email
You can’t see or get emails in Classroom. To view sent or received emails, use your G Suite for Education Gmail inbox. For more information on how to use Gmail, see the Gmail Help Center.