Send an email to students
This page is for teachers. Students go here.
You can email an individual student, a group, or an entire class. You can also send a private note to a student when you grade and return an assignment.
To email students, Gmail must be turned on for both you and your students. If you don't see Gmail next to a student's name, contact your IT administrator to enable it.
You can’t send an email to more than 100 recipients at once. If a class has more than 100 students, you’ll need to email some students first and then send the message again to the remaining students. For more information, see Gmail sending limits in G Suite.
Send an email
Sign in to Classroom with your Google Account.
For example, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Learn more.
- Click the student's class.
- At the top, click Students.
Depending on who you want to send an email, choose an option:
- Send an email to a single student—Next to the student’s name, click More Email student.
- Send an email to multiple students—Check the box next to each student's name and at the top, click Actions Email.
- Send an email to an entire class—Above the student list, check the Students box and at the top, click Actions Email.
When you send an email to multiple students, the default setting adds the addresses to the Bcc field. You can move students’ addresses from the Bcc field to the To field.
- Compose your message and click Send.
View an email
You can’t receive or view emails in Classroom. To view emails from your students, or to see emails you’ve sent, use your G Suite for Education Gmail inbox.