This page is for teachers. Students go here.
You can email a student, a group of students, or an entire class. To email students, Gmail must be turned on for you and your students. For your students to send email in Classroom, the Gmail and Directory services must be turned on for students. For help, contact your G Suite administrator.
Tips for sending email to your classes
- You can email to up to 100 recipients at once—If a class has more than 100 students, you’ll need to email some students first and then send the message again to the remaining students.
- You can only email one class at a time—To send a message to multiple classes at once, post an announcement to multiple classes.
Send an email
- Click your class.
- At the top, click People.
Choose an option:
Email one student Next to the student's name, click More Email student. Email multiple students
- Check the box next to each student's name.
- At the top, click ActionsEmail.
Email the entire class
- Next to Actions, check the box.
- Click ActionsEmail.
Note: When you email multiple students, the default setting adds the addresses to the Bcc field. You can move students’ addresses to the To or Cc field.
Enter a subject for your message.
(Optional) To attach files, photos, or links to your message, go to Send attachments with your Gmail message.
Enter your message and click Send.
View an email
At the top, click the App Launcher Gmail .