Use this information to fix some common issues in Assignments.
Signing inI’m an instructor. How do I link my account to Assignments?
The first time you use Assignments in a course, you must link your G Suite for Education account to the learning management system (LMS). For details, go to Link your account to Assignments.
The first time you use Assignments in a course, you must link your G Suite for Education account to the learning management system (LMS).
- Open your LMS.
- Click the courseopen an assignment.
- Sign in with your G Suite for Education account.
If you’re already signed in with a different account, click Switch accountenter your G Suite for Education account information.
- Click Link.
Check that you're using your G Suite for Education account given to you by your institution. Make sure you’re not trying to sign in with a personal email account.
- Enable third-party cookies on your device, and then try to link your account.
- If you can, in your LMS, always choose Open assignment in new window.
Creating and reviewing assignmentsI got an error that my assignment wasn’t set up properly
The first time you use Assignments in a course, you must link your G Suite for Education account to the LMS. For more information, go to Link your account to Assignments.
You can restore the student's file from your Google Drive Trash. For more information, go to Find or recover a file.
If you emptied your Trash and can’t find the file, ask your G Suite for Education administrator to restore the file.
If your admin can’t restore the assignment, ask your student to unsubmit their assignment and resubmit the backup copy from their Assignments folder in Drive.
- Use Assignments LTI version 1.3 for best results.
- Make sure the person who copies the course is in the same G Suite for Education organization as the course creator or is on the organization’s allowlist. Learn more about how to manage your organization’s allowlists.
- Don’t edit or delete the original assignment or its attachments.
Assignments gradingThe final grade didn’t pass back to my LMS
Grade passback can be unsuccessful if:
- Your admin set up the LMS to not allow grade passback.
- Your LMS is behind a firewall that blocks grade passback requests from Assignments.
Send feedback about AssignmentsCan I report issues, send feedback, or suggest new features?
Yes. Your feedback helps us improve our products. To share feedback about Assignments:
- Open an assignment.
- At the bottom, click Help and feedback Report issue or request feature.
- Enter your message.
- (Recommended) To send a screenshot, check the Include screenshot box.
- Click Send.