Can’t verify phone number
If you’re having problems sending or receiving the SMS verification code, try the following steps to finish verifying your phone number with Google Duo:
1. Check your phone number
Make sure your phone number was entered correctly with the right country code.
2. Check for a good Wi-Fi or mobile data connection
- Check your settings to make sure Wi-Fi or mobile data is turned on and airplane mode is turned off.
- Move to where you have a better mobile data connection. Your network signal icon should have at least 1 bar.
- Test your connections by visiting a website.
3. Check that you can send and receive the SMS verification code
- Check that your cell signal is on and that your airplane mode is turned off.
- If your signal is weak, move to where you have a better cell signal. Your network signal icon should have at least 1 bar.
- Test your connections by sending yourself an SMS.
4. Request a new verification code
On the verification code screen, you can ask for the code again.
- If you don’t receive a text message, tap Resend SMS.
- If you have a cell connection and aren't getting the SMS, request a call by tapping Call me.
5. Try fixing the app
- Quit & restart: Double-tap the Home button. Swipe up on Duo and open the app again.
- Uninstall and re-install the app: Try uninstalling Duo. Then re-download Duo and open the app.
- Restart your phone: Try turning your phone off and turning it back on. Then open Duo again.
- iPad users: Duo works on iPad but is not currently optimized for the device.
Need more help?
If none of the above solve the issue, you can ask questions in the Duo Help Forum.