Fix sound or video call problems
If you can't connect to Duo, the app or connection may be having issues, like sound or video problems.
Here are a few things you can try to fix the problem:
Connect to Wi-Fi
If you're within range of a Wi-Fi network, try joining the network.
Check your mobile data connection
If you can't connect to Wi-Fi, make sure your phone has mobile data turned on and you have a strong signal.
To check that mobile data is turned on:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app Cellular.
- Switch "Cellular Data" on.
If you have an Internet connection but you still can't get Duo to work, try restarting the app:
- Double-tap the Home button on your device.
- Swipe up on Duo.
- Open Duo again.
If nothing else works, try restarting your device.
Video or sound issues during call
If the video or audio isn't working right during a call, you and the person you're talking with should check the following:
- Make sure nothing is blocking the device's camera or microphone.
- Check that the camera and microphone are facing the right way.
- Check your cellular or Wi-Fi connection. If your connection is weak, video or sound might not work correctly.
- Restart the app and try again.
- Restart your phone and try again.
Low battery or poor signal
If you have low battery on your device or a poor cell or Wi-Fi signal, Duo may lower the quality of the call or turn video off.
To improve your quality:
- Low battery: Charge your device.
- Poor signal: Connect to a Wi-Fi network or try the call again when you have a stronger signal.
Need more help?
If none of the above solve the issue, you can ask questions in the Duo Help Forum.