On Smart Displays, the Google Assistant is available in Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Spanish, and Swedish.
Set up video calling
Important: If you already use Duo, connect your Google Account to your Duo phone number in the Duo app on your phone before following these steps.
If you haven’t set up Duo yet on your Smart Display:
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the bottom, tap Home .
- Tap your Smart Display Device settings Duo calling.
- Follow the steps.
To control your video call, use your voice or your screen.
Important: You must turn on personal results to call your contacts.
Start a call
- Say "Call [contact]" or "Video call [contact]."
- If you see a missed call on the screen, tap it.
Call a group
You can make or receive calls with a group. Learn how to set up a group.
- To start a call:
- Say “Ok Google, start a group call."
- On the screen, tap a group.
- To join a missed call:
Tap the missed call card. It’ll show your groups and whether group calls are still active.
Try these call controlsEnd a call
- Say "End the call" or "Hang up."
- Tap End call.
- Say "Mute call" or "Unmute call."
- Tap Mute .
- Say "Turn off the camera."
- Tap Video .
- On the top of your screen, use the switch.
- Say "Answer the call" or tap Answer.
- Say "Decline the call" or tap Decline.
Call your Smart Display
You can call your Smart Display from your phone.
- Make sure you have the Google Assistant on your phone.
- Check that you have Duo set up on your phone and your Google Account connected to your Duo phone number.
- Verify that you're using the same Google Account with Duo on your phone and on your Smart Display.
- On your phone, start a conversation with the Google Assistant and say "Video call [Smart Display name] or "Video call home."