Create and report on AdWords dynamic search ads in DoubleClick Search
About AdWords dynamic ad groups in DS
Formerly, you could create dynamic search ads in any AdWords ad group if the campaign was set up for dynamic search ads. Now, AdWords has added a dynamic ad group that is dedicated to dynamic search ads. That is, a dynamic ad group can contain only dynamic search ads. The original, now known as standard ad group, still remains for other types of ads such as call-only ads and text ads.
Because dynamic search ads are trigged by dynamic ad targets and not keywords, keywords aren't necessary in dynamic ad groups.
Limited support of dynamic ad groups in DoubleClick Search
Initially, you can do either of the following to create and report on dynamic ad groups in DS:
- Create dynamic ad groups in AdWords and then sync them into DS.
- Use a bulksheet to upload dynamic ad groups in DS that DS will traffic to AdWords.
You can't use the DS user interface to create dynamic ad groups.
Supported features in dynamic ad groups
- Create negative keywords
- Create dynamic search ads
- Report on dynamic ad groups
- Create dynamic ad groups in DS by uploading a bulksheet
- Schedule edits, apply rules, or edit multiple dynamic ad groups.
- The change history report logs changes to dynamic ad groups.
- Apply DoubleClick Search bid strategies. DS bid strategies can't be applied or inherited by dynamic ad groups.
- Apply AdWords portfolio bid strategies. AdWords bid strategies can't be applied or inherited by dynamic ad groups.
- Dynamic ad groups aren't copied during the campaign copy process.
- Create a dynamic ad group in AdWords or use a bulksheet to create dynamic ad groups in DS.