Create and report on AdWords dynamic search ads in DoubleClick Search
About AdWords dynamic ad groups in DS
Formerly, you could create dynamic search ads in any AdWords ad group if the campaign was set up for dynamic search ads. Now, AdWords has added a dynamic ad group that is dedicated to dynamic search ads. That is, a dynamic ad group can contain only dynamic search ads. The original, now known as standard ad group, still remains for other types of ads such as call-only ads and text ads.
Because dynamic search ads are trigged by dynamic ad targets and not keywords, keywords aren't necessary in dynamic ad groups.
Supported dynamic ad group features in DS
- Create dynamic ad groups in DS.
- Create negative keywords.
- Create dynamic search ads.
- Report on dynamic ad groups and ads.
- Schedule edits, apply rules, or edit multiple dynamic ad groups, just as you would a standard ad group.
- The change history report includes dynamic ad group additions and removals from campaigns.
The following DoubleClick Search features aren't supported for AdWords dynamic ad groups.
- Apply DoubleClick Search bid strategies. DS bid strategies can't be applied or inherited by dynamic ad groups.
- Apply AdWords portfolio bid strategies. AdWords bid strategies can't be applied or inherited by dynamic ad groups.
- Dynamic ad groups aren't copied during the campaign copy process.
- Bulksheet uploads of dynamic ad groups.