Google Drive offer for HTC Android devices
Which HTC Android devices are eligible for extra storage on Google Drive?
Devices eligible for +100 GB for two years include:
- HTC One (M9), HTC One M9+, HTC One (E9), HTC One (M8), HTC One M8s, HTC One (E8), HTC One Mini 2, HTC One max, HTC One ME, HTC One E9+, HTC One E9s, HTC One A9, HTC 10
- HTC Butterfly 2, HTC Butterfly 3
- HTC Desire EYE, HTC Desire 820, HTC Desire 820q, HTC Desire 816, HTC Desire 610, HTC Desire 612, HTC Desire 620, HTC Desire 620 Dual SIM and HTC Desire 510, HTC Desire 826, HTC Desire 828, HTC Desire 728, Desire 626
- Any new HTC devices launched before December 31, 2016
Devices eligible for +25 GB for two years include:
- When the upgrade to HTC Sense 5+ and Sense 6 becomes available on certain 2013 HTC models, including HTC One, HTC One Dual SIM, HTC Butterfly S, HTC One Mini HTC Desire 500, HTC Desire 600 and HTC Desire 601
Frequently asked questions
How can I check to see if I can redeem the offer?
- Launch the preloaded Google Drive application on your device
- Press Redeem when presented with this screen
- Follow the screen prompts to complete redemption
My offer was not redeemed. Why?
You may not be able redeem an offer for several reasons. Try these tips below to redeem your offer:
- Make sure you're connected to the Internet when trying to redeem.
- Make sure you're signed in to your Google Account or have a Google Account set up on the device.
I got the error message “The offer has already been redeemed on your device”?
- That means someone has already redeemed the offer on your device. You will not be able to redeem this offer twice.
I got the error message “The offer has already been redeemed by your Google Account”?
- This error means your Google Account has already claimed this offer and you will not be able to redeem the offer a second time. You’re only able to redeem the offer one time per device and only once per Google Account. The same Google Account may not redeem the offer on more than one device.
I got the error message “Could not retrieve an offer. Please try again later.”?
- The voucher redemption server may be down temporarily, or you might not be connected to the Internet. You can try again later by coming back to the Google Drive application and selecting the “Product Tour” menu item.
How long is this Drive storage offer valid?
- You'll have your storage for 2 years, starting on the date you redeem the offer.
What happens to my files on Drive after the offer ends?
- Your files will remain in Drive and you can view, download, or share them whenever you want. You won’t be able to add more files if over quota unless you buy more storage at https://www.google.com/settings/storage.
Can I apply the storage to another Google Account?
- No. The free storage is not transferable and will only apply to the Google Account you are using when you redeem the offer.
I purchased multiple Android Devices. Can I redeem the offer multiple times?
- You'll only be able to redeem one offer one time per device. You may redeem one +100 GB offer and one +25 GB offer on two eligible devices using the same Google Account. You may not redeem the offer of the same type on more than one account within a 12-month period.
If I purchased a used/refurbished HTC device or unlocked the bootloader on my device, can I redeem the offer?
- No. The offer is only available to original buyer of a device over its lifetime. People who unlock the bootloader on their device are not eligible to get this offer.
How do I see how much total space I have available in Drive?
- To view your storage quota from your Android device:
- Open the Google Drive application
- Select the Settings options from the application menu (in the Action bar)
- The total space remaining is listed at the bottom of the menu, under the Storage settings item
- Alternatively, you may also visit https://drive.google.com/settings to see the total space remaining.
Can enterprise customers redeem the additional Google Drive storage?
- Yes. The offer is valid for all eligible Android devices.
How can I speak to someone about redeeming the additional Google Drive storage?
If you are experiencing issues, contact the device manufacturer.
How do I purchase more storage?
Visit https://www.google.com/settings/storage to add more Drive storage.