Uninstall Google Drive for your Mac/PC
You can remove Google Drive for your Mac/PC and turn syncing off from your computer by uninstalling the application.
- Click the Google Drive icon (usually in the bottom right task bar).
- At the top right, click the options icon .
- Click Preferences > Disconnect account.
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Google Drive
- Click Uninstall.
- Quit the Google Drive application by opening the Google Drive menu and selecting Quit .
- Open the Applications folder.
- Drag Google Drive to the trash (on your Dock).
- You can purge your trash by right-clicking the trash and selecting Empty Trash.
Deleting the Google Drive folder
After you uninstall the application, you can delete the Google Drive folder from your computer without deleting anything in your Google Drive on the web.
The Google Drive folder – including the files and folders it contains – will remain on your computer unless your delete it.
Andrea is a Google Drive expert and wrote this page. Help her improve it by leaving feedback below.