How Insights work
Lots of factors are included in Insights, such as:
- Length: Is your domain name short, average, or long?
- Memorability: Does your domain name have qualities that make it easy to remember, like rhyme and alliteration?
- Complexity: Is your domain name easy to pronounce and type? Does it have a word that can easily be misspelled or confused for another word?
When you search for a domain, Google Domains automatically checks all your available search results for these factors and uses them to give you some information to consider about each name.
Insights are based only on the domain name. Some of the factors that are ignored include opinions, products, and services offered by any businesses or organizations referenced in a name, and any content hosted on a domain by a previous owner.
Insights aren’t related to and have no impact on search ranking.
- Navigate to Google Domains search.
- At the top of the page, enter a name in the search box.
- In the search results, select a name to view insights about it.