After you unlock your domain and get an authorization code from your current registrar, you can transfer your domain to Google Domains. You must have a current Google Domains account.
Transfer the domainSelect the domain to transfer
- Sign in to the Google Domains account you want to transfer your domain.
- Open the Menu .
- On the left, click All my domains.
- On the left, click Transfer.
- Enter the domain name you want to transfer.
- Press Enter.
Tip: If the domain is already registered with Google Domains, share domain management with other users.
During the domain transfer, choose how much data to import from your prior registrar.
- Under “Prepare domain,” confirm your domain is ready to transfer.
- If your domain is locked or the owner’s email is a private registrant email, unlock the domain and click Refresh.
- Enter the authorization code from your registrar.
- Google sends you instructions on how to authenticate through email. If you use the authorization code from your registrar and your transfer fails, your registrar likely provided a REG-ID code. They may ask for your agent number which is “AGNT-1080.”
- Click Continue.
Tip: For .jp domains, if you don't have a code, enter “REG-00-0000-0000.”
- Under "Import web settings," choose if you want to import your current web settings.
- Your domain’s current settings are displayed below the DNS resource records.
- We recommend you select Copy and let Google manage my DNS settings.
- To review, edit, delete, or add to the imported records, click View resource records.
- Review your DNS resource records to make sure all records are captured.
- Incomplete imports are possible. You may need to manually add missing records.
- Click Continue.
- Under “Configure registration settings,” turn “Privacy protection” and “domain Auto-renew” on or off.
- You must buy an additional year of registration as part of the domain transfer.
- If you transfer your domain shortly after you renew the domain at its former registrar, contact your previous registrar for a refund.
- If your renewal extends the domain beyond its maximum registration period, you must wait until doing so no longer will.
- To confirm the cost, registration requirements, and maximum registration period for each type of domain, go to the reference of domain ending details.
- When you finish, click Proceed to checkout.
- Review your purchase before you complete the domain transfer.
- When you’re ready, click Buy. Learn how to buy with Google Pay.