Make sure you've prepared the domain for transfer to Google Domains.
Tip: If the domain is already registered with Google Domains, share domain management with other users.
- Sign in to the Google Domains account you want to transfer the domain to.
- Click Transfer.
- Enter the domain name that you want to transfer and press Enter.
- If the result of your search shows the domain is locked or that the owner’s email is a private registrant email, click Refresh.
- In the "Prepare domain" section, enter the authorization code that you collected when you prepared the domain for transfer.
- Under "Import web settings," choose if Google Domains should detect and import your current web settings.
- We recommend that you select Copy and let Google manage my DNS settings. Google Domains displays the DNS resource records for your domain.
- To to review, edit, delete, or add to the records Google Domains will import, click View resource records.
- Click Proceed to checkout.
- Enter the contact information for this domain and choose your privacy protection settings.
Important: The information you provide will become the contact information for the domain name. The information you enter may change the registrant, administrative, or technical contact provided for the registration. Upon successful completion of the transfer, you need to verify the registrant contact information provided to Google Domains at this stage.
- Enter your payment information. Learn how to buy with Google Pay.
When the domain transfer begins, you'll see it listed on the "My domains" page under "Pending domains."
Tip: You may receive a transfer confirmation email from the current domain owner. If you don’t respond to the email, the current owner could deny the transfer.
For .jp domains, if you don't have a code, enter REG-00-0000-0000. Google emails you instructions on how to authenticate through email.
If you use this code and your transfer fails, your registrar likely provides a REG-ID code. Contact your registrar to get that code. They may ask for your “agent number,” which is AGNT-1080.