Before you start
This article only applies if you purchased and pay for Google Workspace through Google Domains. If that doesn't describe you, you'll need to cancel your subscription through the Admin console.
When you delete the custom email with your Google Workspace subscription through Google Domains, the following happens immediately:
- Google Workspace billing stops
- You don’t pay for the service going forward
- You no longer have access to your Google Workspace account through Google Domains
Cancel your subscription & delete your Google Workspace account
- Export any Google Workspace user data you want to save.
- Delete any Google Workspace Marketplace apps you purchased.
- Sign in to Google Domains.
- Click the name of your domain.
- In the left side menu , click Email.
- Click Manage Google Workspace subscription.
- Under "Cancel subscription," click Cancel.
- To finish cancellation, click Cancel my subscription.
Google begins deleting your Google Workspace data 51 days after you cancel your subscription. It’s important to note that:
- After you cancel your subscription, you may receive an email from Google Workspace prompting you to set up billing. You don’t need to take any action and Google won’t charge you.
- You can’t use your domain with another Google Workspace account. If you want to use your domain with another Google Workspace account, cancel your custom email with Google Workspace subscription, then cancel your subscriptions and delete your organization’s Google Account.