Important: This article describes how to cancel your Google Workspace account. If you want to cancel your domain subscription instead, learn how to delete your domain.
Before you start
This article only applies if you purchased and paid for Google Workspace through Google Domains. If that doesn't describe you, cancel your subscription through the Admin console.
When you delete the custom email with your Google Workspace subscription through Google Domains, the following happens immediately:
- Google Workspace billing stops.
- You don’t pay for the ongoing service.
- You no longer have access to your Google Workspace account through Google Domains.
Because you'll no longer have access to your Google Workspace account, if there are domains you want to keep, you should transfer them to another registrar.
Cancel your subscription & delete your Google Workspace account
- Export any Google Workspace user data that you want to save.
- Delete any Google Workspace Marketplace apps you purchased.
- Delete domains that you don't want to keep.
- Share domains that you want to keep with your @gmail.com Google Account.
- Sign in to Google Domains.
- Click the name of your domain.
- Open the Menu .
- Click Email Manage subscription.
- If you don’t find this option, make sure you’re logged into your Google Workspace account.
- Under "Cancel subscription," click Cancel.
- To finish cancellation, click Cancel my subscription.
- You'll be prompted to sign in to Google Workspace and delete your account.
Google begins deleting your Google Workspace data 51 days after you cancel your subscription. It’s important to note that:
- When your domain expires, your Google Workspace subscription also expires.
- After you cancel your subscription, you may receive an email from Google Workspace prompting you to set up billing. You don’t have to take any action and Google doesn’t charge you.
- You can’t use your domain with another Google Workspace account. If you want to use your domain with another Google Workspace account, cancel your custom email with Google Workspace subscription. Then cancel your subscriptions and delete your organization’s Google Account.