Delete a domain
When you delete a domain, you immediately terminate your registration of that domain. As a result, the following occurs:
- Visitors to your domain will not see your website
- You will not receive email sent to email addresses at your domain (including email forwarding)
- DNS stops serving
- Other people can purchase your domain after a grace period, typically 30 days
Google Domains will not provide a refund if you have a remaining registration period for your domain.
How to delete a domain
Follow the instructions below to delete your domain:
- Sign in to Google Domains.
- Select the name of your domain.
- Open the menu .
- Click Registration settings.
- Scroll down to Delete domain.
- Click Delete domain.
- Sign in again to confirm your identity.
- Review the restrictions, and click Yes I'm sure, delete domain.
Other options to move your domain
Bear in mind that you can transfer your domain to another owner without deleting it. Options include the following: