To register a new domain you must purchase at least one year of registration. Follow the instructions in Buy a domain.
To add more registration to a domain you own, do the following:
- Click My domains in the navbar and click the domain name.
- Click the Expires tab or .
- Under Registration, select the number of registration years and click the Add button.
- Pay the registration fees using Google.
You can add additional registration at any time, up to a maximum of 10 years.
To enable auto-renew, do the following:
- Click the Expires tab .
- Under the Registration heading, click Turn on auto-renew.
Note: Once you enable auto-renew the icon for the Expires tab will change to .
Once enabled, your domain registration will automatically be renewed every year on the expiry date. The registration fee will be billed to your credit card using your Google account. Auto-renew only works while your credit card is valid.
More help...About domain registration
You can register a domain for a period of from 1 to 10 years. You retain the rights to the domain for the duration of the registration period.
You can renew the registration of a domain indefinitely. However, 10 years is the maximum number of years a domain can be registered at any given time.