When you register a domain, you must submit contact information for that domain. There are three types of contact information:
- Registrant: Owner of the domain
- Admin: Person responsible for administrative decisions about your domain
- Tech: Person responsible for technical changes to your domain
How to change contact information
To update your contact information, take the following steps.
- Sign in to Google Domains: domains.google.com/registrar.
- In the left-hand navigation menu, click My domains.
- Click the domain name whose contact information you'd like to change.
- Scroll to Personal contact information.
- Click Edit below the type of contact information to make changes.
- After you have edited, click Save.
- Select the way in which you would like to receive a verification code.
- Email: Check the email address in your contact information. Follow the link in the email to verify the change.
- Text message or phone call: Check for a six-digit code in a text or voice message. Enter the code in Google Domains, and click Accept and Continue.
About non-ASCII characters
You can use non-ASCII characters in your contact information. However, some domains do not support these characters in WHOIS results. In these cases, the results substitute English alphabet (ASCII) approximations for any international characters that you include in public contact information.