Change your domain lock setting
A domain lock is a security setting that prevents unauthorised attempts to transfer your domain to another registrar. Google Domains locks your domain by default.
While your domain is locked, you can update your contact information and make other changes to your domain settings. However, if you want to transfer your domain, you must first unlock it.
How to change your domain lock setting
To lock or unlock your domain, do the following:
- Open Google Domains: domains.google.com/registrar.
- In the left-hand navigation menu, click My domains.
- Select the name of the domain whose lock setting you want to change.
- Scroll to the Domain lock section.
- Toggle Lock domain/Unlock domain to change the domain's lock setting.