If you can’t edit a file, a few things could be wrong:
- The file owner didn’t give you permission to view the file.
- You're signed in to a different Google Account.
- Someone else with edit access removed your permission to edit.
You can only request edit access from a computer, but you can see what access you already have on your iPhone or iPad.
- In the Docs, Sheets, or Slides app, open a file.
- In the top right, click More .
- Under the title of the file, look for "View only" or "Comment only."
If you see "View only" or "Comment only," open the file on a computer to request edit access.
Get more help
If these options didn't help, see some answers in the Google Drive forum.