Topics in this article
The following steps outline the process for programmatically buying Waze Zero-speed takeover ads in Display & Video 360.
You will need to enable the Waze exchange before you can target inventory from and report on it. Learn more about how to enable the Waze exchange.
- Start in an existing insertion order or create a new one.
- In your insertion order, click New line item.
- In the page that opens, select Display.
- Under the Public Inventory tab, select Waze. Learn more about Inventory source targeting
- (Optional) Click Add targeting to set other line item targeting options. Learn more
Note that Waze inventory is only available in-app and as a result you should only target mobile app environments.
- Configure your line item's settings:
- (Optional) Pick custom flight dates or use the same dates as the line item's insertion order.
- Enter the line item's budget and pacing settings. Display & Video 360 can automatically adjust your line item's budget if you've turned on automatic budget allocation for the line item's insertion order.
- Set up your bid strategy. Learn more
- (Optional) Select the line item's frequency cap. Learn more about frequency caps in Display & Video 360.
- Assign Native site creatives to your line item. Learn more about Native site creatives and asset specifications.
- Only Native site creatives are supported. Native app-install and Native video creatives are not supported on Waze.
- The Native site creative should have a main image with an aspect ratio of 1.91:1 as square image assets are currently not supported on Waze.
- Learn more about purchasing native inventory and targeting native impressions.
- (Optional) Select the floodlight activity you want to use to count conversions.
- Click Create to save your new line item.
Use the Troubleshooter to analyze delivery issues on campaigns targeting Waze. Learn more about using the Troubleshooter
User interactions with Waze Zero-speed takeover ads are recorded in the following reporting metrics:
- Impressions: Counted when a Waze Zero-speed takeover ad is shown to the user.
- Engagements: Counted when the user taps the save-to-inbox action on the Waze Zero-speed takeover ad. To monitor ad engagements, you can create a custom Insertion Order view that includes the Engagement rate metric.
- Clicks: Counted when user clicks through to the Advertiser landing page.
- Previewing the ad format is currently not supported in the Native ads preview. Learn more about the Waze Zero-speed takeover ads format
- The following ad categories are not supported: alcohol, gambling, adult, and politics. Learn more about Google Ads policies
- You can no longer target Waze inventory in the European Union