Build creatives with the Ad Canvas
Learn how to use Ad Canvas by watching this short video (6:08):
Ad Canvas is a visual editor you can use to build and edit creatives in real time. Use the image below as a map to find your way around the Ad Canvas.
- Asset panel. Add and edit images, text, landing page URLs, and CSS styling. The asset panel is divided into sections:
- Assets: Add images by dragging files from your computer and dropping them over the asset you want add or replace. Or, click Upload, then select an image file from your computer. To remove an asset, click Remove .
- Text: Enter taglines, descriptions, calls to action, and other text elements. Next, add landing page URLs for any call to action and background images. You can also pick colors and set opacity for rich text elements.
- Style: Pick colors for background colors and primary and secondary styles.
If your creative has a swipe gallery or multiple frames, swipe through to see where each asset or element appears in the live preview (2).
- Live preview. Preview and interact with your creative the same way your potential customers will.
For data-driven creatives only
3. Edit variant name. By default, the first variant is named after the format (for example, Panorama). To help you tell one variant from another in reports, give the variant a name that will help you distinguish between the other variants you create. Click on the name to edit it.
4. Make copy. Click Make copy to create a new variant. New variants have the same assets, text, and styling as the copied variant. After you make a copy, the new variant is selected and the original variant is de-selected, allowing you to immediately edit the new copies. To delete a variant, first select only the variant you wish to delete, then click Delete.
Select variants. Selected variants have a blue circle with a checkmark . While variants that are not selected have a gray circle with a checkmark . To change which variants are selected, click the checkmark on the upper left hand corner of the variant you want to select.
Select multiple variants when you want to edit more than one variant at the same time or make a copy of more than one variant at the same time.
Mixed values. When multiple variants share the same asset, text, and style values (for example, both variant_a and variant_c have the tagline "Refreshing & revitalizing essential oils"), the asset panel will show the specific value ("Refreshing & revitalizing essential oils"). When multiple variants have different assets, text, or style values (for example, variant_a has a tagline "Refreshing & revitalizing essential oils" and variant_b has a tagline "Relax and rejuvenate") the asset panel will show <mixed values>.
In both cases, you can overwrite these values by uploading a new asset, editing the text, or changing the styling. The new values will be applied to all selected variants.
5. Filter variants. Click Filter to review or edit specific variants on the Ad Canvas. Only variants selected in the filter will be shown. Creatives that have been de-selected by the filter cannot be edited.
For data-driven and custom creative formats with URLs that can change for each variant, you can only edit landing page URLs in Ad Canvas. To edit landing page URLs, expand the Text section in the Asset panel on the right.