Set up targeting
In-market audience targeting
In-market targeting (also known as "interest category marketing") is useful to advertisers who are looking to raise awareness and drive consideration among people who are "in-market" to purchase a particular type of good or service.
Display & Video 360 offers free in-market audience lists that you can add to your audience targeting to reach people based on their interest in purchasing a type of product as they browse pages across the web.
The following high-level categories of in-market audiences are available:
- Apparel and Accessories
- Autos & Vehicles (Parts & Services)
- Baby & Children’s Products
- Beauty Products & Services
- Business Services
- Computers & Peripherals
- Consumer Electronics
- Consumer Software
- Dating Services
- Financial Services
- Gifts & Occasions
- Home & Garden
- Real Estate
- Sports & Fitness
Each category above includes more granular subcategories which are also targetable.
Would interest category targeting be useful for you?
In-market audiences are useful to a variety of advertisers. For example, if your advertiser is interested in:
- Performance, use in-market audiences to reach potential customers when they're actively looking to buy products or services in the near future or who may have a high propensity to buy an item if presented with the right offer.
- Mid-funnel marketing, use in-market audiences to get your advertiser's message in front of people who are more likely to buy your product but might not be considering your brand.
- Remarketing, use in-market audiences to increase your total number of conversions by reaching incremental users beyond your existing first-party lists.
Target in-market audiences
Start by opening the targeting for a line item (or insertion order), then navigate to Targeting Audience Lists.
In the Affinity & In Market tab, search for in-market audience lists with "Display & Video 360" and "in-market" in their name to find Display & Video 360's in-market audience lists.
Once you've selected the lists you want to target, click Apply.