You can use Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings reports to measure the reach and frequency of your ads across a number of demographic segments. This can help you determine the effectiveness of your media buys and ensure you're reaching your desired audience.
Nielsen manual tagging in Campaign Manager 360
- Navigate to Properties for your advertiser or campaign.
- Follow the instructions for creating an impression event tag and apply the Nielsen URL in the Tag URL section, then save.
- Open the Event Tags section to complete the tag setup.
- Select Advertiser / Campaign tags and set your tag application to Always Apply, then save.
Nielsen manual tagging in Display & Video 360
For Display & Video 360 uploaded creatives, manually append the Nielsen tracking pixel provided by Nielsen to your creatives. You don't need to follow the steps below if creatives are synced through Campaign Manager 360.
Video and Audio Creatives
- Navigate to the video or audio creative settings by going to your advertiser > Creatives and selecting your creative (if building a new creative, go to New > Upload > Video file or Audio File).
- Under Serving Properties > Third-party URLs, click Add URL and add the Nielsen URL (leave the name as "Impression").
- Navigate to your display creative settings by going to your advertiser > Creatives and selecting your creative (if building a new creative, go to New > Upload > HTML5 or Image).
- Under Additional Details, enable the Append HTML tracking tag checkbox.
- Add the Nielsen HTML tag in the tag section before clicking save.
Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings data is not available for mobile environments due to HTML tracking requirements. To enable display tracking on mobile environments, display creatives must be synced through Campaign Manager 360 instead.