Use Reach reports to gather insight about the number of viewers or composition of audience reached by your campaigns.
What Can I measure?
Cookie Reach: Impression Reach
The number of unique cookies you've reached, per creative utilized in a given insertion order.
Cookie Reach: Average Impression Frequency
The average number of times your ad was shown to a unique cookie over a given time period.
Unique Reach: Impression Reach
The estimated number of unique users (across devices) who saw an ad during the reporting period. The impression estimate is based on unique cookies, mobile device IDs, and aggregated sign in data.
Unique Reach: Average Impression Frequency
The average frequency at which an ad is seen by unique users (across devices) during the reporting period. A frequency of 1 means that, on average, users saw your ad once. A higher average means that more users saw your ads multiple times. The user estimate is based on unique cookies, mobile device IDs, and aggregated sign in data.
Unique Reach: Click Reach
The estimated number of unique users (across devices) who clicked an ad during the reporting period. The click estimate is based on unique cookies, mobile device IDs, and aggregated sign in data.
Unique Reach: Total Reach
The estimated number of unique users (across devices) who saw or clicked an ad during the reporting period. The total estimate is based on unique cookies, mobile device IDs, and aggregated sign in data.
Unique Reach Audience
This report further extends unique reach measurement into population and audience.
- % Composition Impressions
The percentage of total unique audience impressions made up by the demographic.
- % Composition Reach
The percentage of total unique reach made up by the demographic.
The total number of users in a given population that belong to a given demographic.
- Percent Population Reach
The the percentage of Population (see population metric) that was reached.
- Target Rating Points
The population reached in a specific target demographic or that matched your specific target audience.
Some dimensions like Country are required (added by default and can't be removed), and others are unavailable for reach reports. Because Unique Reach Audience focuses on demographics, Gender and Age dimensions are also required. You can see the availability of dimensions within offline reporting.
For descriptions of dimensions, see Dimensions available in reports.
By default, filters in Reach reports are also included as dimensions. Because reach data can't be accurately summed (after it's reported), you may want to aggregate total reach across specific dimensions (for example, a few line items instead of all of them). You can do this with unrestricted groupings.
- Enable the Allow unrestricted groupings checkbox
- Unrestricted groupings are only available for data from June 18th 2020 and later
- Add Filters (for example, Line Item)
- Remove any matching Dimensions that might group your filtered data (for example, Line Item)
- The model will return the summed data (for example, across your 3 chosen line items)
Cookie Reach dimensions
Click Show all dimension combinations to allow additional dimensions for cookie reach metrics only. This setting will limit your date range to the last 92 days, and cause the report to take longer to run. These dimensions aren't available for unique reach metrics.
- Cumulative reach data is available for 93 days as of November 1, 2018. Reach information can be pulled (at maximum) in 93 day blocks, and these blocks can't be added together accurately. Cumulative reach data prior to this date can be as little as 42 days.
- A dash ( - ) in the Unique Reach report means that the reach model couldn't be calculated because there wasn't enough data, or it didn't meet our privacy requirements. Try running your report over more data. You can also try segmenting your data less (over fewer dimensions). The more impressions available, the more likely it is the model will return data.
- Reach reports aren't supported for TrueView discovery ads.