Google Ad Manager creative requirements
- The file size for creatives must be 150 KB or smaller for their initial load. Additional load for the creative must be "polite" and may not exceed 2.2 MB.
- Creatives can't be hosted by or make a call to an unapproved third-party ad server. For more information, see Buyers' use of technology vendors.
- All landing pages must be crawlable.
- All Ad Manager video inventory is limited to 2 VAST wrappers.
For more information, see Google Ads' Policies for image ads.
- All GIF ads with partially black or white backgrounds must include a visible border of a contrasting color to the majority background color of the ad.
- Strobing, flashing backgrounds, or otherwise distracting ads are not allowed. Animation length must be 30 seconds or shorter, and animated GIF ads must have a framerate of 5 frames per second or slower.
- Image content and associated website content must be family safe. Any image ads that contain Non-Family Safe or Adult material in the ad or website will not be accepted.
- Trick to click ads are not allowed. Ads can't pretend to be a system or site warning. Ads can't mimic or resemble Windows, Mac, or Unix dialogue boxes, error message, etc.
For more information, see the Google Ad Manager content policy.
Need to have a rejected creative re-reviewed?
You can submit a revised creative for approval by following the steps in Submit creatives for approval.
To contact the Ad Manager re-review assistance team, please email our support team, and make sure to include your Display & Video 360 (not Campaign Manager) Creative ID and associated Advertiser ID.
Seeing an "uncrawlable URL" error message?
Sometimes creatives are rejected by Ad Manager for clicking through to uncrawlable URLs. When this happens, you can resolve this error following the information in Excluding your landing pages from review in the Google Ads Help Center.