Floodlight can be used for conversion and event tracking across Google Marketing Platform (including Campaign Manager 360, Display & Video 360, and Search Ads 360). Floodlight allows you to:
- Monitor and report on conversions. For example, the actions users take interacting with one of your ads.
- Create audiences (in some cases). For example, lists of users who’ve performed specific actions on a site. Audiences are useful because they can help determine where ads are shown in future campaigns.
A Floodlight activity is a snippet of HTML code (also known as a tag).
- You'll create a Floodlight activity for each event you want to track.
- Once Floodlight activity tag code is generated, you'll add the code to your site or app to track that event.
- Floodlight tags have a minimal effect on web page layout and speed.
Manage Floodlight details, activities, or status
You can manage Floodlight from within your Campaign Manager 360 or Display & Video 360 advertiser. If you use Display & Video 360 with Campaign Manager 360, Floodlight should be managed within Campaign Manager 360.
Navigate In Campaign Manager 360
- Navigate to Floodlight > Configuration for Floodlight basic details
- Navigate to Floodlight > Floodlight activities for the Floodlight activities tab
Navigate In Display & Video 360
- Navigate to Resources > Floodlight group > Floodlight basic details to manage Floodlight basic details
- Navigate to Resources > Floodlight group > Floodlight activities for the Floodlight activities tab
Basic details are settings such as tag types, lookback windows, and third-party integrations.
Floodlight activities tab
Here you can:
- Click into a Floodlight activity to manage the activity's settings or view the activity's code to place on the website or app where you want to track events.
- Create new Floodlight activities.
Floodlight activity status
Floodlight activity status types
|Active||Indicates the Floodlight activity is active and is serving.|
|Disabled & archived||
Indicates you have chosen to stop the Floodlight activity from serving. Both the Floodlight activity and its alerts will be hidden by default. This prevents Floodlight from Counting conversions, including that conversion data in reports, and creating remarketing lists. Remember to remove disabled Floodlight tags from the advertiser's website.
|Disabled - Policy violation||Indicates the Floodlight activity is violating Google policy and therefore is disabled. Contact your account manager for more information.|
To change the status of a Floodlight activity:
- Navigate to the Floodlight activities tab
- Select multiple activities by checking the boxes on the left. Then click the Action button and choose a status.
- (Alternatively) Click the down arrow in the Status column (in Campaign Manager) or Click the down arrow in the column (in Display & Video 360) and choose a status.
- (Alternatively) Click the name of the Floodlight activity and near Name click the down arrow to change status.
- Click Save.
Enable Floodlight activities for YouTube for Display & Video 360 or Campaign Manager 360
Floodlight activities must be enabled to measure conversions for YouTube & partners line items. Learn more
Enable Floodlight activities for remarketing for third party ads servers (Display and Video 360 without Campaign Manager 360)
When you don't use Campaign Manager 360 with Display & Video 360, Floodlight activities must be enabled for remarketing to create first-party audience lists.
To enable a Floodlight activity for remarketing:
- Navigate to Resources > Floodlight Group
- Click on the Floodlight activities tab.
- In the activity’s basic details, make sure the Remarketing checkbox is selected.
- Save your activity.