Before you begin
New users need to have a Google Account registered with their email address before they can be added to Display & Video 360.
You can create a new Google Account by visiting accounts.google.com/SignUpExpress
There are two key components to managing user access in Display & Video 360:
Admin users can manage user access: Admin users can create new users and edit user access for the partners they have access to. All other users will need to contact an admin user in their organization to manage users. All users can see their admins by navigating to User management and notification settings > User management.
One user role per partner and/or advertiser: You can have one user role per partner and/or advertiser you have access to. All of your user roles across the partners and advertisers you have access to must be within the same family of roles:
|Standard roles||Client-safe roles||Creative roles||Planning limited roles||Partner client roles|
|Admin||Reporting only -- limited||Creative||Planner -- limited||Partner client|
For example, if you have read & write access to advertiser 123, you can have read only or reporting only access to advertiser 456. You could not have creative admin access to advertiser 456.
- Admin users can create and manage campaigns, creatives, audiences, inventory, exchanges, Floodlight activities, and reports for all of the partners they've been given access to. They can also create and edit users, and they have full access to all billing features. This role only exists at the partner level.
- Standard users can manage campaigns, creatives, audiences, inventory, exchanges, Floodlight activities, and reports for all of the partners or advertisers they've been given access to. They can see other users but can't create or edit users. They cannot access billing features.
- Read only users can only build reports and view data for the partners or advertisers they've been given access to.
- Reporting only users can create and manage all reports.
- Planner users can view all campaigns, creatives, Floodlight activities, and reports for all of the partners or advertisers they've been given access to, including all cost data. They can also create or modify planning-related features, including plans and inventory.
Compare admin and standard roles
|Admin users||Standard users|
|Access level||Partner||Partner and/or advertiser|
Create new users
Create new users
|Campaign||Full read/write abilities||Full read/write abilities|
|Creative||Full read/write abilities||Full read/write abilities|
|Audience||Full read/write abilities||Full read/write abilities|
|Inventory||Full read/write abilities||Full read/write abilities|
|Reporting||Full read/write abilities||Full read/write abilities|
|Floodlight||Full read/write abilities||Full read/write abilities|
|Billing||Full read/write abilities||No access|
- Reporting only -- limited users can only create and manage the following client-safe reports: General, Audience Performance, Cross-Partner, Keyword, Order ID, Category, and Third-Party Data Provider. These users have access to all client cost metrics, such as Client Cost, Client Cost eCPM, and Client Cost Viewable eCPM.
Creative users can view media plan information they need to collaborate, but can't view cost-related data or Marketplace.
More details about creative roles
|Creative users can:||Creative users can't:|
|Upload, create, edit, and delete creatives and use the format gallery.||See cost-related account data, including: media cost, markup, fees, deals cost, CPMs, CPCs, budget, billing data, and so on.|
|See media plan, some performance metrics, campaigns, audiences, resources, and settings (read-only).||Create or edit campaigns, audiences, resources, and settings.|
|Run standard reports.||Report on cost-related metrics or see cost-related data in insights and reports.|
|Add or remove users.|
- Creative admin users have the same access and limitations as creative users. They can also view and manage other creative admins or creative users in the partners or advertisers they have access to. Creative admins make it easier for your creative team to manage themselves and collaborate.
Planning limited roles
- Planner -- limited users have the same access as planner users, however all cost data has been removed and replaced with “No access”. Note that these users also cannot start, accept, or negotiate deals.
Partner client roles
- Partner client users can't view details related to linked partners or advertisers, billable cost, markups, revenue models, or platform fees throughout Display & Video 360, including reporting and Structured Data Files. Raw media cost data is visible in planning and inventory tools, but billable cost estimates are not. Tabs at the partner and advertiser level that contain only this information, such as Linked Accounts, are not visible to these users. Tabs that contain this information mixed with information that these users can access, such as Basic Details, will show the label "Limited Access" on the page (see below for more details). Partner client users can only update user permissions for other partner client users. This role allows agencies and partners to give their clients access to Display & Video 360.
What users with creative, planning limited, and partner client roles see
Anywhere in Display & Video 360 where cost-related account data is displayed, instead of seeing number values, "No access" is displayed. If your user role limits access to this data, you'll also see the label "Limited Access" next to line items, insertion orders, and so on.
Here are some examples of what users with these roles see:
- Limited access label appears on insertion orders and line items that include redacted budget information.
- Budget spent is not available to creative and planner limited users.
- Budget remaining is not available to creative and planning limited users.
- These users can't edit insertion order details, so Save is disabled.
"No access" is shown in place of revenue, CPC, and CPA values.
Add a new user
If you have read & write access to an entire partner (i.e. are a “partner-level” user), you can add users by following these steps:
Select User management and notification settings > User management from the upper right corner of Display & Video 360.
Click New user.
Enter the user's name and email.
Click Add partners or advertisers. You can only grant access to partners and advertisers you have access to.
On the page that appears, check each partner and/or advertiser you want to grant access to and then click Select.
Use the dropdown under Role to select which role the new user should have per partner and/or advertiser. See the list of user roles above for more information.
You can also edit the roles in bulk by selecting the checkbox next to each partner and/or advertiser and clicking Action > Change role.
New users will be able to sign in to Display & Video 360 immediately after they've been added. No welcome email will be sent and no extra password is required, since Display & Video 360 uses the password from the Google Account registered with the user's email address.
Edit an existing user
Follow these steps to edit an existing user:
- Select User management and notification settings > User management from the upper right corner of Display & Video 360.
- Search for the user you want to edit and click the Name to open the settings for that user.
- On the page for that user, edit any settings you need to update. All settings are editable except for the user's email address, which can't be changed after a user is initially added to Display & Video 360.
- Click Save.
Delete a user
Follow these steps to delete an existing user:
- Start by selecting User management and notification settings > User management from the upper right corner of Display & Video 360.
- Search for the user you want to delete and check the checkbox next to their name.
- Click Action > Delete.
- Follow the prompts to delete the user.