In Campaign Manager 360, we currently charge an additional impression-based fee for advanced ad serving on top of the basic ad serving fee. In Campaign Manager 360 reports, this is a tech fee called Advanced Display Ad Serving. To be more consistent across Display & Video 360 and Campaign Manager 360, a similar fee will now be applied to advanced creative formats uploaded or created directly in Display & Video 360. The new fee is called Advanced Ad Serving, and it will be applied to advanced display, video, and audio formats.
You’ll be charged an advanced serving fee for multi-variant creative formats:
- Dynamic display, video, and audio creatives, including data-driven creatives in Display & Video 360 (Cuecard, Panorama, Blank slate, custom data-driven display formats, and Customizable audio mixer.)
- Customizable display, video, and audio projects built in Ads Creative Studio
The fee for these advanced formats will be a $0.12 CPM USD upcharge on your other Display & Video 360 fees. If you use Campaign Manager 360 with Display & Video 360, you’ll only be charged once, in Campaign Manager 360. For example, if you upload creatives to Campaign Manager 360, then sync them to Display & Video 360, the fee will be applied only in Campaign Manager 360. However if you serve directly from Display & Video 360, the fee will apply to your Display & Video 360 billing.
The fee will only be applied after:
- You accept the terms of the fee and turn on advanced ad serving for your advertiser.
- You publish and assign advanced creative formats to line items.
- Advanced creative formats are served.
In invoices, you can find this fee under "Other fees". The fee is also included in the total media cost, but is not included in media cost. (Media cost only includes the cost to buy the impressions.)
When you create or upload an advanced creative in Display & Video 360 or link an Ads Creative Studio account, you’ll be asked to read the updated terms and accept the advanced ad serving fee.
From your partner, expand Partner Settings in the left menu and click Advertiser Configurations.
Accept the Advanced ad serving fee terms, then select which advertisers you want to enable.
What if I don’t accept the fee?
If you don’t want to accept the fee:
- Existing advanced creatives created in Display & Video 360 before the fee was introduced will continue to serve
- If you edit an existing creative, you won't be able to publish your changes without first accepting the fee
- You won't be able to publish new advanced creatives until you accept the fee
- You won’t be able to publish advanced creative formats received from a linked Ads Creative Studio account
You can still assign and serve other creative types in your campaigns.
You can identify advanced creative formats in Display & Video 360 in several places:
You’ll find "Yes" in the "Adv. serving" column in:
- Your advertiser’s list of creatives
- Each line item’s list of assigned creatives
- Each line item’s list of eligible creatives during assignment
- Each advanced creative’s details and status summary
In Format Gallery, you'll also find an "Adv. serving" label on formats that include the fee.
If the fee is enabled for your advertiser, you can find the advanced ad serving rate in each line item at the start of the Creatives section. This rate will be shown in the currency set for your advertiser.