Rewarded video policy
Sellers using rewarded video inventory must comply with all Ad Exchange video policies and the Ad Exchange Seller Guidelines. Rewards from rewarded ads are transacted solely between the seller and the user. Google does not grant or verify any rewards. Sellers wishing to fill rewarded inventory with ads via Ad Exchange will also be required to comply with the following policies:
Encouraging clicks with rewarded ads
Sellers may not ask others to click their ads or use deceptive implementation methods to obtain clicks. This includes, but is not limited to, offering monetary compensation to users for viewing ads or performing searches, promising to raise money for third parties for such behavior or placing misleading images next to individual ads.
In order to ensure a good experience for users and Buyers, Sellers placing Ad Exchange Ads within rewarded inventory may not:
- Offer monetary compensation or offers that can be converted into real money as part of the defined reward.
- Encourage users to engage with rewarded ads using phrases that indicate the ad engagement will help the publisher directly, such as “support us” or similar language.
- Place misleading labels near Ad Exchange ads. For instance, ads may be labelled "Sponsored Links" or "Advertisements", but not "Favorite Sites" or "Today's Top Offers".
Additional requirements for rewarded ads
- Rewarded ads may only be served after a user affirmatively opts to view a rewarded ad. Additionally, a user must opt to view each rewarded ad individually and cannot opt-in to automatically seeing rewarded ads
- The seller must mark all Rewarded video inventory as Rewarded.
- Unavailable rewards: Publishers placing Google ads within rewarded inventory may not:
- Offer a reward that cannot be redeemed;
- Offer a “chance” for a reward (e.g., “Click this ad for a chance to win 10 extra points”);
- Fail to deliver the reward to the user upon completion of the required task.
- Reward description requirements: Publishers placing Google ads within rewarded inventory must clearly and accurately disclose the following:
- The required action (e.g., “Watch this video ad to receive 100 gold coins”);
- The in-app reward for completion of the action (e.g., “Watch this video ad to receive 100 gold coins”).
The reward must be redeemable from within the site or app where the rewarded ad was placed.
- Non-transferability of reward: Publishers placing Google ads within rewarded inventory may not offer rewards which can be transferred to another user.