Recent update to DFP mediation
- Link an Ad Exchange for mobile apps accounts to your DFP network and mark it as the default for dynamic allocation. This should be the same account listed in the "Primary Ad Exchange account" section under Admin to avoid disruption. Learn more about linked accounts
- Review the changes below and your configurations to ensure that yield groups will deliver as expected.
Summary of changes
As of May 8, 2017, the following changes apply:
- Mediation groups are renamed to "yield groups."
- The "Mediation" report metrics are replaced by the "Yield group" metrics. See the table below for comparison.
- Trafficking yield groups will become much simpler, since a separate Ad Exchange line item trafficked in DFP will no longer be necessary. When a yield group is eligible for an ad request based on its targeting, DFP automatically creates a mediation auction using your DFP network’s default Ad Exchange account. Learn more about linked accounts
Use yield group report dimensions and metrics
The tables below display the new yield group report dimensions and metrics that replace the old mediation report dimensions and metrics. The mediation dimensions and metrics will continue to display information, but will be discontinued later in 2017. Learn more about yield group reporting
|Mediation dimension Deprecated||Yield group dimension New|
|Mediation group||Yield group|
|Mediation network||Yield group partner|
|Mediation network tag||Yield group network tag|
|Mediation type||Yield group type|
|Mediation metric Deprecated||Yield group metric New|
|Served requests||Mediation served requests|
|Impressions||Yield group impressions|
|Estimated revenue||Yield group estimated revenue|
|Estimated CPM||Yield group estimated CPM|
|Fill rate||Fill rate|
|Third-party eCPM||Mediation third-party eCPM|
Ensure your linked Ad Exchange account is updated
Only the Ad Exchange account linked to your DFP network and marked as the "default for dynamic allocation" is used for mediation. If both an Ad Exchange line item and a yield group are eligible for the same impression, DFP sends a single request to Ad Exchange following the code snippet and web property defined in the Ad Exchange line item.
Verify the correct inventory is available in mediation
- If your yield group has broader targeting than your Ad Exchange line items, additional inventory may be eligible for Mediation that was previously not eligible.
- The line item targeting options listed below are not currently available in yield groups. If you relied on these options in your Ad Exchange line item to control mediation, that will no longer be respected by yield groups.
- Frequency caps
- Day and time
- Browser language
- Device capability
- Ad Exchange tags that previously controlled behavior for Ad Exchange in mediation, through use in targeting of pricing or blocking rules, cannot be used with yield groups. Learn more about rules