What's new in DFP and Ad Exchange Seller
Ad technology provider controls for EU User Consent Policy
To support publishers in meeting their duties under this policy, Google offers new ad serving options for users in the EEA. The options you select will take effect on May 25, 2018. If you don't make any changes, the commonly used set of ad technology providers will be used.
To access from DFP, click Admin EU user consent. Learn more
Traffic and deliver ads
Update required for Facebook Audience Network (FAN) automatic data collection credentials
New system user access tokens are now required by Facebook Audience Network (FAN) for automatic data collection used by DFP mediation for mobile apps. Yield groups that include FAN will continue to serve ads, but will not be optimized until credentials are updated. Learn more
Traffic ads with Apple News
If you currently have inventory available on Apple News, you can now use your existing DFP network to traffic direct ads in the Apple News app just as you do with your own inventory, providing a seamless workflow for monetizing content both on your site and with Apple News. Learn more
Ad network integrations with the <amp-consent> component
The DoubleClick and AdSense implementations of <amp-ad> now support <amp-consent>, including non-personalized ad serving. See detailed documentation about when and how to serve non-personalized ads from DoubleClick and AdSense and learn more about amp-consent here.
Display vertical in-stream video
Manage network settings
Partner with smaller publishers to monetize inventory
The Network Partner Management (NPM) UI in Ad Exchange has been deprecated. Instead, use Scaled Partner Management in DFP to help smaller publishers monetize inventory as you did in NPM. In addition, with Scaled Partner Management, you can now:
- Use an improved form for adding new child publishers that is automatically emailed to the address provided.
- Manage inventory at scale by bulk uploading new child publishers.
- View granular reporting on multiple pages to drive high-quality optimizations.
- Enjoy other improvements that make the UI easier to use.
To access from DFP, click Admin Scaled Partner Management. If you don't already have access to Scaled Partner Management, please contact your account manager. Learn more
Report and optimize
DFP report type, dimension, and metric retirements
The "Ad request size" report dimension and other deprecated report types, dimensions, and metrics have been removed from the user interface. Learn more
- Optimized pricing for Private Auctions Optimized pricing will soon be expanded to Optimized Private Auctions (where Allow open auction buyer optimization has been enabled). Optimized pricing was previously released for Open Auction transactions. This release further increases the yield benefits of allowing Open Auction competition with your Private Auctions.
- Ad Exchange Seller UI deprecation
In a few months, we'll be deprecating the Ad Exchange Seller interface. You can use DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) to access the same product features that are available in Ad Exchange. Learn more
- DFP Delivery tools and line item troubleshooting
We're soon releasing new ad delivery tools to help you understand and troubleshoot how ads are delivering to your webpage, mobile app, or video player. Learn more
- Change to mobile app impression counting for direct Ad Exchange tag requests
Mobile app ads requested directly from Ad Exchange tags, not through DFP, will soon count an impression when the ad is displayed. Learn more
- Deprecation of SDK-less line items in DFP yield groups
On May 25th, delivery for SDK-less mediation in DFP yield groups for Smaato, Drawbridge, Aarki, and CrossChannel (MdotM) will be discontinued. All SDK-less line items in DFP yield groups will be automatically archived and stop delivering.