Invite advertiser contacts to view their orders
You can invite advertisers to view orders, line items, creatives, and report screens for their campaigns. Advertisers will have read-only access and may not edit campaigns or reports. They also can't generate new reports that haven't been shared with them.
How contacts are different than users
Users and contacts are distinct entities in DoubleClick for Publishers.
Users are able to sign into your DoubleClick for Publishers account and use the application. The administrator for your account must create an account and assign a role to each user. All DoubleClick for Publishers users must have a Google Account.
Contacts are advertisers whom you've invited to view orders, line items, creatives, and reports for their campaigns. You can create a profile that contains contact information for each advertiser; when you save the profile, it sends an invitation to the contact. You can only enable a contact to view information for his or her own campaigns, and the contact will have read-only permission and cannot edit campaigns or reports. Advertisers that are invited to view their campaign information as contacts must have a Google Account in order to sign in and view their orders.
Invite advertisers to view their campaign information
- Sign in to DoubleClick for Publishers.
- Click Admin Access & authorization Contacts.
- Select an advertiser contact from the list or create a new one.
- Mark the Invite contact to view his or her orders checkbox.
- Click Save and invite.
In addition to sending an invite to view orders, advertiser contacts must also be explicitly added to each order to which you want them to have access.
- In DFP, click Delivery and navigate to the detail view of the order you want the advertiser contact to be able to view.
- From Optional order fields, select Advertiser contacts.
- In the new field that appears, select the contact from available contacts.
- Click Save.
Advertisers that are invited to view their campaign information must have a Google Account in order to sign in and view their orders. If your contact got two emails after you sent an invitation, the contact most likely didn't have a Google Account. In these cases, your contact will receive an email with instructions on creating a Google Account, then a second email with instructions on accessing the report.
Data that's available during the contact setup process
The data that your contact can access depends on which stage of the sharing process they're in:
- When you set up a new contact, the person will receive an invitation email. If they accept, they are redirected into the DFP account but don't see any information unless an order is explicitly shared with them.
- When you add a contact as a recipient of a report and you run the report, if the contact hasn't yet accepted the invitation, they'll receive a link to the report but no file attachment. They must click the link to accept the invitation in order to see the report.
- If a report that you've scheduled runs but the contact hasn't yet accepted the invitation, the contact receives an email with a link to the report but no file attachment. Once the contact accepts the invitation, the scheduled report will run and the contact will receive another email, this time with the report attached.
What contacts can access
Contacts you invite to DoubleClick for Publishers have read-only access to their:
- Line items, including:
- Flight dates
- Cost type
- Total cost
- Quantity booked
- Quantity delivered
- Delivery indicator
Your contacts may not edit campaigns or reports or generate new reports that haven't been shared with them.
DFP partner management
Some DFP customers have partner management enabled in their environment, including DFP Video customers. If you have partner management enabled and are a DFP administrator, you'll see the Finance section. These customers have additional company types (partners). Contacts belonging to partners can be invited to view the partner portal just as advertiser contacts can be invited to view orders.