Create a video ad unit
To create video ad units in DFP:
- Sign in to DoubleClick for Publishers.
- Click Inventory Ad units New ad unit and select the level. Learn about levels for inventory hierarchy.
- Enter a name and ad unit code. The code may not include spaces and it can't be changed after you save.
(Optional) Add sizes. If your video ad unit should include ad sizes other than the video and companions, enter those here, separated by commas. Do not enter video or companion sizes here.
Click Video (VAST) sizes and enter the following:
- The master size is the size of the video player in its default resolution, not fullscreen. The letter "v" appears automatically at the end of all video sizes, indicating that it's capable of playing VAST videos.
- The companion sizes are the sizes of any optional companion ad slots on the same page.
If you have multiple video players on a page, click ADD SIZE and enter the sizes.
It is not possible to use the same master video size twice in a single ad unit, or to use the same companion size twice for a single master.
- The default target window is "_top", which loads the ads landing page into the current window, and breaks out of any potential frames. You can click override to change this target to "_blank", which loads the ads landing page into a new, unnamed window.
- Select or define any optional settings:
- Click SAVE.