Once you've defined a segment in Google Analytics, you can add it to your Data Studio report. For example, you could define a segment to select all male users, aged 18-24 in your Google Analytics data, and then apply that segment to one or more charts in you report.In this article:
Add a segment to a component
- Select the component
- In the component's DATA properties panel, click Add a Segment
- Use the segment picker to select a segment
- You can add a new system segment, custom segment, or shared segment to the report. You can also select a previously added segment.
Change an existing segment
- Select the component whose segment you want to change
- In the component's DATA properties panel, click the current segment
- Use the segment picker to apply or add a different segment
Remove a segment from a component
Removing a segment from a component means that component won't be filtered by that segment. You (or another editor) can still use that segment on other components.
- Select the component whose segment you want to remove
- In the component's DATA properties panel, mouseover the segment, then click the X icon