You can directly upload images, documents and audio files. Videos must be uploaded to your YouTube channel before you can use them within the Cultural Institute platform.
Supported media formats & requirements
The Cultural Institute platform accepts a variety of media types. Use the table below as a guide to the accepted formats:
Images, documents and audio
We recommend you gather all the media files you want to add to your account. Once the files are selected, make sure that:
- Your file formats are accepted and images are in the correct resolution
- The uploaded media files have file names that match those provided in the metadata file. This is important because you cannot directly rename files uploaded through the Google Developers Console. To make changes to file names after items are uploaded, you would either need to re-upload them or re-import the metadata file with the corrected name
Videos must be uploaded to your YouTube channel. We encourage you to upload testimonials, news footage, and other relevant video content.
- If you don't already have one, create a dedicated YouTube Channel
- Upload your videos to that channel
- Once upload is successful, take note of your YouTube video IDs, as you will need to specify these in the metadata file in the next step. For example, the YouTube video ID for www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-TxebxUD54 would be:
Important tips for video media: