Create and reply to posts
To join a Google Help Community:
- You must be signed into a Google Account to post to the Google Help Communities.
- When you start a new discussion or reply to an existing one, a username is selected based on your name. You can change the user name at any time by clicking Edit . Then edit the text, and click Done .
Start a new thread
Start a new thread to ask question or discuss Google products with others.
- Start a new thread by clicking Ask Now at the bottom of the homepage, browse page, or search results listings.
- Write the thread title Click Continue.
- You may see an option to select or confirm the category, and other details Click Continue.
- Write your message.
- Click Post.
After entering your thread type and title, you may see a selection of possibly related content that includes articles from our Help Centers and relevant Community content.
Clicking on any of these links will open the page in a new tab. You won't lose your existing content and may come back to creating your post at any time.
Mark or unmark a reply as recommended
Marking answers on your threads is a great way to thank the person who helped you and let other users with the same question know what can help them, too.
In threads that you created, you can respond about whether your question was answered.
- Selecting Yes to 'Does this answer your question?' will mark that reply as a Recommended Answer and feature it at the top of the responses. It will also give it one Thumbs Up (Up Vote).
- To unmark a reply as an answer, click Thumbs Up and then select Remove.
Up vote or down vote replies
Up votes and Down votes help us identify helpful content.
- To Up vote a Recommend Answer, click Thumbs Up
- To Down vote a Recommend Answer, click Thumbs Down
- To remove your vote, click Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down
Reply to a thread
- Scroll to the bottom of the topic and click Reply.
- Write your reply.
- Click Post.
Get responses to your posts
By default, you'll receive emails for responses to the threads you create or reply to.
To stop notifications, uncheck Subscribe to updates when you're creating a post. You can also manage notifications in your preferences, including changing your default settings.
See your topics and replies
- On the top right of a forum page, click My Profile.
- Under Links, choose My posts.
- On the right side of the browse page, check the box next to Created or replied to (this is checked by default in this view).