You can quickly find contact information for a colleague just by searching for their name or other profile information in Google Cloud Search. A card with their profile information appears at the top of your search results. If your search matches more than one person, you get a list of profile summaries.
To open a person’s full profile, click their name or Show more. The profile information page shows the person's contact information and reporting chain.
You can only search for profile information that your organization sets up. If you can't search by job title, phone number, or other profile information, ask your G Suite administrator to update user profiles.
Find contact information for people at work
From a card, you can send an email, start a video call, or make a call using your mobile device.
- Open the Cloud Search app or go to cloudsearch.google.com in your mobile browser.
- Search for a person by name.
- Tap the person's name in the result card.
- In the profile information page, tap how you want to contact the person:
- To send an email, tap Email or the person's email address.
- To chat, tap Hangout .
- To call, tap Call or the person's phone number.
- To set up a meeting, tap Schedule .
- To get information about the person's manager and direct reports, tap the Reporting tab.
- To open the profile card of a person's manager, tap the manager's name.
- To learn who reports to a manager, tap the manager's name then tap the Reporting tab.
- To open the profile card of a direct report and contact them, tap the direct report's name.
Profile cards appear only on the first page of results, and you won’t get them if you filter your search results.
Note: You get contact and manager information only if your organization adds these profile details to user accounts.