Listen to music with your Google Cast device
With Google Play and the Google Cast audio device, you can take your favourite tunes to a whole other level by casting them to your speakers. Have music saved on your computer? Use Music Manager to create a complete music library to cast to your speakers or mobile device.
After you've set up your Google Cast audio device here's how you can listen to music using Google Play Music and your Google Cast audio device. .
Cast musicPhone or tablet
- Connect your device and Google Cast audio device to the same wireless network.
- Open the Google Play Music app .
- Tap the Cast icon .
- Select your Google Cast audio device from the device list.
- Select a song, album or playlist.
- Tap Play.
If you haven't already, you'll need to download and use Google Chrome to listen to music using your computer and Google Cast audio device.
- Open Chrome .
- Download and install the Google Cast extension from the Chrome Web Store (first time only).
- Connect your computer and Google Cast audio device to the same wireless network.
- Go to Google Play Music (play.google.com/music) using Chrome.
- Tap a song, album or playlist.
- Tap Play.
- At the bottom of the screen next to the playback controls, click the Cast icon .
- Under "Connect to a device", select your Google Cast audio device from the device list.
Upload music with Music Manager
With Music Manager, you can upload music from any music folder on your computer (including iTunes and Windows Media Player) to Google Play and immediately start casting your top tunes to your TV. You can even upload your iTunes library to your Android device so that your complete music collection is available in one spot. No syncing required! Find out how to download and install Music Manager and get casting.
Disconnect from your Google Cast device
- Using your phone or tablet: Tap the Cast icon and select Stop casting.
- Using your computer: In the top-right corner of your browser, click the Cast icon and click Stop casting.
- Using your phone or tablet: You can use the playback controls on the Google Play Music app . You can also quickly access your playback controls through your device's notifications.
- Using your computer: You can use the playback controls on Google Play Music, near the bottom of the screen.
- It can be a good idea to keep the music player open when listening to music on Google Cast audio device with your computer. Playback controls can't be used after the music player has been closed, the computer has been turned off or an Internet connection has been lost.