Using Google Cast audio devices with Chrome
What's better than enjoying your favourite streaming music, radio stations and podcasts on your computer? Listening on your awesome audio device! It only takes a few simple steps to begin casting audio from computers running Chrome. Once complete, you can play music on your audio device from almost any website, including Google Cast-enabled sites such as Google Play Music, iHeartRadio, and more!To start casting your audio device
To set up casting from Chrome
- If you're not already running Chrome, download Chrome. If you are, Chrome updates automatically, so no action should be required.
- Make sure that you're running the latest version of Chrome. If you're having trouble, here's how to get Chrome updates.
- Install the Google Cast extension. If the Google Cast Extension is already installed on your browser, you'll see a Cast icon in the Chrome toolbar (near the top-right).
- If you plan to cast a tab's audio to your Google Cast audio device, review the Minimum System Requirements to ensure that your computer and network are capable of supporting this.
- Navigate to any website that you would like to listen to. Some sites will offer Google Cast optimised experience such as Google Play Music.
- Press the Cast button in the Chrome toolbar (top-right hand area) of your browser. A list of available Cast devices will appear.
- Pick your audio device and you'll see the Cast button change colour to indicate that it's active.
- Select your favourite music and enjoy the tunes coming from your audio device.
That's it – you're ready to go! If you need more information, take a look at one of the following:
- Google Cast-enabled site vs. Casting a tab explains the differences between Google Cast-enabled site, such as Google Play Music, Plex and general content that you'll find on the web.
- Casting a tab's audio explains how to cast the audio of an entire tab of Chrome onto your audio device, or your entire window's laptop/desktop audio.
Still need help? Take a look at the related questions below from our help forum. Note: Help is currently in English only.