What's better than enjoying your favourite streaming music, radio stations and podcasts on your computer? Listening on your awesome audio device! It only takes a few simple steps to begin casting audio from computers running Chrome. Once complete, you can play music on your audio device from almost any website, including Google Cast-enabled sites such as Google Play Music, iHeartRadio, and more!To start casting your audio device
To set up casting from Chrome
- If you're not already running Chrome, download Chrome. If you are, Chrome updates automatically, so no action should be required.
- Make sure that you're running the latest version of Chrome. If you're having trouble, here's how to get Chrome updates.
- Install the Google Cast extension. If the Google Cast Extension is already installed on your browser, you'll see a Cast icon in the Chrome toolbar (near the top-right).
- If you plan to cast a tab's audio to your Google Cast audio device, review the Minimum System Requirements to ensure that your computer and network are capable of supporting this.
- Navigate to any website that you would like to listen to. Some sites will offer Google Cast optimised experience such as Google Play Music.
- Press the Cast button in the Chrome toolbar (top-right hand area) of your browser. A list of available Cast devices will appear.
- Pick your audio device and you'll see the Cast button change colour to indicate that it's active.
- Select your favourite music and enjoy the tunes coming from your audio device.
That's it – you're ready to go! If you need more information, take a look at one of the following:
- Google Cast-enabled site vs. Casting a tab explains the differences between Google Cast-enabled site, such as Google Play Music, Plex and general content that you'll find on the web.
- Casting a tab's audio explains how to cast the audio of an entire tab of Chrome onto your audio device, or your entire window's laptop/desktop audio.
Still need help? Take a look at the related questions below from our help forum. Note: Help is currently in English only.