Seamless setup with the Google Home app allows you to set up compatible devices from start to finish in the Google Home app. When you choose devices that are supported for Seamless setup, you won't need a bridge, hub or the device maker’s app.
Note: If your device doesn’t appear during Seamless setup, you may need to follow the instructions on how to set up other devices that work with Assistant.
- The latest version of the Google Home app available on Android or iOS
- A Google Nest or Google Home speaker or display or a Nest Wifi point
- For Wi-Fi smart devices, AP isolation should be off on your internet router
- A device that supports Seamless setup:
Set up your smart device
Note: If your Cync (C by GE) device doesn't appear during Seamless setup, first set up your device in the Cync (C by GE) app, then follow the steps to set up other smart devices in the Google Home app.
- Set up your Google Nest or Home speaker or display, if you haven’t already done so.
- Plug in and turn on your smart device in the same room as your speaker or display. Note: After you complete setup, you can relocate your device.
- Open the Google Home app . Make sure you have the most recent version.
- At the top left, tap Add Set up device New device .
- Follow the in-app instructions to complete setup.
Tip: The name you give your device will be used for voice commands. Use a name like “reading light” or “overhead light.” Don’t include the name of the room when you name the device.
Need help with setup? Check out Seamless setup troubleshooting.
Control your smart home devices
After you set up your devices, you can use voice commands and the Google Home app to control them. Learn how to control your smart home devices with Google Nest and Home devices.
Remove Seamless setup devices from the Google Home app
When you remove a device from a home:
- It will disconnect the device from members in the home.
- It will be unlinked from your Google Account.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap your device.
- At the top right, tap Settings Remove device Remove.