How it works
The volume of your TV or speaker will lower when you say "Hey Google" and stay at that level while you talk to Assistant. When you're done, the volume of the TV or speaker will rise to the original volume setting.
Prevent Assistant from lowering volume
To turn off this feature, follow these steps:
Unsupported functionalityCurrently this feature won’t work when you cast content in the following ways:
- If you cast music on a group of Cast devices.
- If you started to cast content on a TV or speaker using a mobile phone and not your voice.
- When you cast content on an Android TV device with fixed volume (Example: Nexus Player).
- When you cast content on a Chromecast built-in speaker or TV, or Android TV that runs with Chromecast firmware version older than 1.25. Learn how to check your firmware version.
- For TV shows and movies when playback is done at 5.1 surround sound.
Note: For Android TVs that run with firmware version older than 1.27, when this feature is on, you won’t be able to change the volume of the TV using your speaker or display ("Hey Google, set volume to 50% on <device name>"). To use voice commands, turn off the feature using the steps above.