How it works
The volume of your TV or speaker will lower when you say “Ok Google” and stay at that level while you talk to your Assistant. When you're done, the volume of the TV or speaker will rise to the original volume setting.
Prevent your Assistant from lowering volume
To turn off this feature,
Unsupported functionalityCurrently this feature won’t work when you're casting content in the following ways:
- If you’re casting music on a group of Cast devices.
- If you started casting content on a TV or speaker using a mobile phone and not your voice.
- When casting content on an Android TV device with fixed volume (e.g. Nexus Player).
- When casting content on a Chromecast built-in speaker or TV, or Android TV running Chromecast firmware version older than 1.25. Here's how to check your firmware version.
- For TV shows and movies when playback is done at 5.1 surround sound.
Note: For Android TVs running firmware version older than 1.27, when this feature is on, you won’t be able to change the volume of the TV using your speaker or display ("Ok Google, set volume to 50% on <device name>"). To use voice commands, turn off the feature using the steps above.